- Changelog 20th March (220.127.116.11)
- AGCc functionality is implemented to FT8, the same rule as for JT modes operation shall be applied by user: switch on AGCc button if AGC is being triggered in receiver by FT8 signals, otherwise please keep AGCc button switched off to preserve decoder sensitivity.
FT8 AGCc functionality deals with the noise step at end of signal reception, this noise step disturbs decoder synchronization to the received signals.
- minor changes in Notifications tab of Configuration UI: 'per mode' have been independent functionaltiy from 'per band', name and tooltips updated accordingly
- 'Single shot QSO' (1 QSO) and 'Answer worked B4 calls' (AnsB4) dynamic buttons are implemented in mainwindow UI, will appear/disappear there depending on the vertical size of UI window. Both buttons just duplicate action controls located in the AutoSeq tab.
- some cleanup in mainwindow.cpp/configuration.cpp/Configuration.ui source code
- ALLCALL.TXT file is updated, containing 56561 callsigns
- display 'Messages with wanted call to RX frequency window' option is implemented, can be toggled in the Misc tab
- minor bug is fixed into 'Wanted callsign - to - DX Call window' functionality
- blue marker is implemented to distinguish QSO 'my call in message' from incoming calls, where red marker have been used to notify on incoming calls
- option to use maximum distance instead of best SNR is implemented for autoselection (AutoSeq), can be controlled via AutoSeq tab ('Max distance instead of best SNR' action)
- increased decoding efficiency of FT8 decoder
- option of low thresholds usage into FT8 decoder is implemented, this option is dedicated to fast CPUs and gains decoding efficiency and improves sensitivity of FT8 decoder. More signal-candidates being processed, hence fast CPU is required to fit into end of RX interval before beginning of signal transmission. Low thresholds will be applied to SWL mode with no respect to the selected setting. This option is available via 'Decode -> FT8 decoding -> use low thresholds' action.
- Changelog 7th March (18.104.22.168)
1. Updated ALLCALL.TXT file, containing 55505 callsigns now
2. FT8 free message frequency recognition is added, lack of this functionality caused some failures in message filtering and AutoSeq functionality
3. Free message with user's callsign shall bypass 'hide free messages' filter
4. Patch to let proper frequency owner recognition after TX period change
5. Patch to non-standard 73 messages processing
6. Patch to let proper handling of the 'my call in message' notification red marker
7. Blacklist functionality is implemented to AutoSeq mode, being used in both, auto sequencing and auto selection.
Blacklist functionality is dedicated to prevent cyclic AutoSeq response to incoming call if calling operator left his setup unattended.
Also user can use blacklist to prevent selection of CQ message and answering to it if there were several unsuccessful attempts before to answer to CQ message of this operator.
User can add a callsign from DX Call window to the blacklist with CTRL+ mouse's right button click on Clear DX button, this will also clean up DX Call DX Grid windows and this callsign from QSO history.
User can remove callsign located in DX Call window from blacklist using mouse's right button click on Clear DX button, this will also clean up DX Call DX Grid windows and this callsign from QSO history.
All data in the blacklist will be automatically cleaned up at band change, configuration change and restart of JTDX.
- Changelog 4th March (22.214.171.124)
- SNR is calibrated at low levels to get into 1dB accuracy at -21..-22 dB levels, SNR reporting is limited to -22 dB as FT8 decoders can not pick up signals below -22dB SNR
- 'TX messages to RX frequency window' option is brought back, this option is being used for content focused messages operation
- Tx messages now will be displayed in RX frequency window if AutoSeq button is switched ON, it is required for auto sequence functionality operation.
At content focused operation user will have to switch AutoSeq button OFF to prevent flooding of the RX frequency window by own TX messages.
- improved input audio stream DT alignment for manual triggering of Monitor button and at start of program
- protection implemented to prevent getting out of index range of dd1() array if Monitor button is triggered by user
- 'strict directional CQ' option is implemented: software will ignore incoming call from new DXCC country if it does not match to the transmitted in CQ message direction. This option is available for control in Sequencing tab of the settings.
- some patches done to prevent rare 'New grid' notification failures
- Changelog 2nd March (126.96.36.199)
- made FT8 Hint message filter working as initially intended
- patch to clear 'band activity/RX frequency' windows on band change
- updated ALLCALL.TXT file, 54872 callsigns
- recognizing answers to user's directional continent/prefix CQ
- full support of both sides directional CQ in AutoSeq6,7
- handling proper new/B4 grid square notification if QSO party's operator transmitted new grid square
- some code optimization and cleanup
- made displaying TX message into RX frequency window as mandatory functionality
- improved FT8 decoding efficiency
- Changelog 21th February (188.8.131.52)
- patch to prevent transmission in the wrong period
- patch to prevent empty message transmission
- major update to ALLCALL.TXT file, it has 53809 callsigns now
- implemented filtering false low quality FT8AP (Hint) CQ message decodes basing on the ALLCALL data, most false CQ decoded messages shall be discarded now
- Changelog 19th February (184.108.40.206)
- ALT+D combination support is recovered for decoding RX frequency
- ALT+F is implemented to toggle 'bypass all text filters'
- discarded all changes done to Z6 prefix support: it has been supported in all versions 18.1 and new changes violated WSJT-X protocol.
- added asterisk symbol support for FT8 Hint decoded messages in RX frequency window
- fixed defect with wrong TX period transmission if opposite period message is clicked at transmission
- improved and calibrated FT8 SNR calibration. New approach has 1db accuracy for white noise and non overlapped signals.
- Changelog 16th February (220.127.116.11)
- urgent patch to packing TX messages with Z-series compound callsigns, this bug was introduced with Z6 Kosovo DXCC support
- FT8AP (FT8 Hint) false 'mycall anycall grid' decodes are being filtered now basing on ALLCALL.TXT file
- ALLCALL.TXT file is updated, there are 40084 callsigns in the file
- there is an option implemented to erase TX message from RX frequency window if it was transmitted for less than two seconds and changed to another TX message. This option can be activated in General tab of settings, 'Hide partially transmitted messages'.
- erase band activity and RX frequency windows upon band change optional functionality is added, this option can be activated in 'Misc -> Erase both message windows at band change'
- wanted callsign will be passed to DX Call window if message with it decoded and DX Call window is empty and no any message being transmitted
- waterfall double click FT8 decoding bandwidth is expanded from 20Hz to 50Hz
- extended FT8 signal decoding DT range in SWL mode from +/- 2.5 s till +/- 3.5 s
- CQ DX and CQ continent (SA NA EU AS OC AN AF) processing is implemented, where searching functionality will answer to CQ messages if they are pointed to operator's continent. There is a single exception: new DXCC callsign will still be called.
Also two-character main prefixes are being supported based on the cty.dat, for instance CQ JA will be answered by searching functionality if operator has any Japanese callsign, for instance if callsign is JH1AAA, while CQ JH will be ignored by JH1AAA as JH is not a main prefix in the prefix list of cty.dat file.
- Changelog 10th February (18.104.22.168)
- FT8 SNR calculation algorithm is simplified and is a single one now for all scenarios and there is no dependency on the used number of threads now
- FT8 same decoded message with greater SNR is considered as dupe if frequency difference with the first decoded one is less than 45 Hz, this message will not be diplayed
- FT8 empty message is being treated as dupe and will not be displayed
- patch applied to prevent AutoSeq RX frequency jumps to 5000Hz
- decoding specific signal via double click on the waterfall functionality is recovered to all modes
- DX Call TX frequency shall be tracked now while operator being not in the QSO, it will be updated in the qso history and RX frequency will be set equal to the latest DX Call TX frequency
- FT8 mode incomplete interval decoding is supported, can be useful in Tx halted scenario
- Changelog 5rd February (22.214.171.124)
- multi threading to FT8 decoding is finished, manual and auto selection from 1, 2, 4, 8 and 12 threads is being supported
We recommend to use automatic mode, while experienced users in case of need can use manual selection in 'Decode' tab of the main window UI.
- patched black background of received 73 message while color inversion is being used
- Changelog 3rd February
- free messages handling in AutoSeq is completely reworked
- AutoSeq1 algorithm is changed, now it can change message while transmitting
- 'where?' and country continent name patch in display decoded text
- automatic multithreading to FT8 decoding is implemented, so far auto selection from 1,2 and 4 threads is being supported
Test results with batch of the wav files, number of threads / total time spent (file reading + decoding + message output to screen):
CPU Intel i3-380m (2 physical 4 logical cores) 1/2/4 374/334/271 seconds
CPU Intel i5-4460 (4 physical cores) 1/2/4 260/219/163 seconds
Number of printed lines in ALL.TXT versus number of threads used for decoding:
FT8 wav files was used for tests: https://cloud.mail.ru/public/4AHD/b6nnUF77F
- Changelog 27th January
- decreased memory usage (previously this issue was considered as memory leakage)
- decreased decoding latency
- reworked AutoSeq free message handling
- minor code cleanup
- Changelog 24th January
- reverted FFTW plans clearing to prevent memory leakage on exit from JTDX software
- fixed defect in JT65 decoder FFTW threads calculation
- allowed maximum number of threads to standalone JT9 decoder and T10 decoder
- updated azimuth/distance calculation basing on WSJT-X source code
- applied existing 5 minute timer since last message transmission to stop spurious FT8AP decoder messages where we getting calls from non existing callsigns, this approach will reduce number of the false FT8 decodes. FT8AP CQ messages are not affected by this timer.
- fixed bug in answer to worked B4 call if there is no any 'new one' criterion selected in the notifications tab, this bug was introduced in 126.96.36.199
- patch to wrong band/mode reporting to pskreporter
- cty.dat is updated from cty-2802 package, Z6 Kosovo prefix/ new DXCC entity support is added into JTDX code
- some more tweaks to FFTW threads handling and other minor code corrections
- Changelog 18th January
- relaxed 'Automatic RX frequency filter' Filter button activation
- more events added to ALL.TXT
- some Clear DX and Halt TX patches applied
- 'status', 'decode' and 'reply' UDP messages updated to WSJT-X format
- some tweaks to '73' free messages handling by AutoSeq
- WSPR RX message truncation bug is fixed
- 'Answer worked B4' option is implemented to all AutoSeq modes
- Changelog 13th January
- sound input/output buffer size is changed back to WSJT-X values
- software is built using FFTW v3.3.5 library, updated it in JTSDK from v3.3.4
- FFTW dynamic multithreading is recovered, up to 12 threads is allowed now in non JT65 modes (up to 3 in WSJT-X), up to 11 threads is allowed in JT65 mode
- minor code clean up
- Changelog 10th January
- more tweaks to AutoFilter functionality
- changed documentation link
- added optional automatic 'Erase band activity window at start of decoder' functionality, it can be activated in Misc action list, main window UI.
- implemented partial AutoSeq processing for decoded on the RX frequency addressed and unaddressed free messages containing '73':
- after sending RR73,RRR,73 standard message any decoded nonstandard message with '73' inside will be processed
- after sending REPORT or ROGER+REPORT standard message decoded nonstandard message with 'myCall' and '73' inside will be processed
- Changelog 6th January
- AutoSeq patch to prevent unexpected stopping TX if RR73 message is being used for transmission while QSO is not finished (message 73 is not received from QSO party operator)
- color background for TX messages is aligned
- AutoSeq patch to this scenario where directional CQ was used:
20180105_035400 -4 -0.2 2140 ~ AG2T CM2RSV EL83
20180105_035415 Transmitting 7.074 MHz FT8: CM2RSV AG2T -04
20180105_035430 0 -0.2 2140 ~ AG2T CM2RSV EL83
user disabled TX at 035445 035515 035545
directional CQ message is generated and transmitted by user:
20180105_035615 Transmitting 7.074 MHz FT8: CQ DX AG2T FN30
unexpected RR73 message is triggered by AutoSeq:
20180105_035615 Transmitting 7.074 MHz FT8: CM2RSV AG2T RR73
20180105_035630 1 -0.1 2141 ~ AG2T CM2RSV RRR
20180105_035645 Transmitting 7.074 MHz FT8: CM2RSV AG2T 73
- Changelog 4th January
- Patch applied to AutoSeq handling possible gaps in the incoming audio stream: AutoSeq shall not change during the QSO style of operation(message sequence) from 'calling CQ' to 'answering to CQ'. In addition to the previously described reasons of audio gaps there is scenario where user has single audio device that is set as default one by MS Windows operating system and user doing Web browsing during the QSO.
- Minor SWL functionality is implemented to FT8 mode, raises FT8 decoding efficiency approximately 1% up, SWL functionality is not dedicated for on air operation
- Text is set to blue color on the AutoSeq button if 'Single shot QSO' option is activated
- No TX audio issue: there are two possible reasons,
-- first is where user accepting Settings change dialog with OK button, patch is applied to this issue in scenario where there is no audio device changed
-- second reason is that between consecutive pushing of buttons Halt Tx and Enable TX at message transmission shall be at least 2 second gap, if user does it faster it resulting in no TX audio in this TX interval. So far I don't know how to deal with this scenario.
- New functionality for audio device change during message transmission: transmission will be stopped, Enable TX button will get yellow colr for couple seconds and message transmission will be restarted
- Last logged callsign label is implemented in the status bar
- Several errors fixed in the code, input signal array handling is changed at entry point of the FT8 decoder
- Changelog 3rd January
There is 'Single shot QSO' option implemented to let users switch off Enable Tx button automatically when QSO is finished.
This functionality can be activated in the AutoSeq action list in main window UI.
- Changelog 31th December
- bug is fixed where SW did QSO in semi-automatic way while AutoSeq button was switched off
- QSO party's callsign is being cleaned up from QSO history at 'hisCall myCall grid' message transmission
Both changes can eliminate some wrong QSO sequences in AutoSeq mode.
Changelog 30th December
AutoSeq wrong handling of received RR73 message is fixed
Some more tweaks done to prevent unexpected AutoSeq transmissions on the frequency of ex- QSO party
Bug is fixed in AutoSeq mode selection logic
SWL mode is blocked in FT8 decoder to prevent it's unintended usage
Band scheduler functionality is recovered
Recovered passing DX Call decoded 73 message to RX frequency window in scenario where Enable Tx is switched off
Fixed bug for "reading wav file" event and added Filter ON/OFF event into ALL.TXT
Deleted JTDX version number from widegraph window title, as it caused compatibility issue with JTAlert software
Added "QRZ " as trigger for AutoSeq
Implemented new AutoFilter functionality for AutoSeq, it is dedicated for slow CPUs and may be used in AutoSeq 1,2,3 modes
AutoFilter can be activated in the AutoSeq action list of main window UI
Known unresolved issues:
Enable Tx button is switched off after QSO in calling CQ operation and early QSO logging using "Prompt me to log QSO" scenario
Free messages / TX macros functionality is partially broken
AutoSeq can fail while handling compound callsigns
AutoSeq can fail if called operator changed his TX frequency and has answered on some other frequency (?)
Decoder latency, AutoSeq design and CPU processing speed related issue:
Late interval decoding by CPU. AutoFilter functionality is implemented as workaround for this issue.
JTDX.INI structure is changed, added new parameter "AutoFilter". JTDX.INI file from v188.8.131.52 can be used and shall not trigger any issues
- Changelog 28th December
Common version number being used for all UI windows and pskreporter,
Now fixed unexpected RX frequency jumps from selected RX frequency to TX frequency if Enable TX button is turned off
AutoSeq operation mode is named from 1 to 7, where 'and search CQ' is being used as 4 + any basic AutoSec number
logging mode is being indicated as coloured background of QSO counter label (status bar)
direction of CQ is being propagated to tx6 button (tab 1) on program initialization
tooltips changed for Clear DX / Erase / Filter buttons and 'Halt Tx if operator I called answered to other operator' checkbox
AutoSeq2 is set as default option
changed functionality for Erase button: left mouse button will clean up left window, right mouse button will clean up right window, any mouse button double click will clean up both windows
Currently unused Sequencing tab controls are disabled and greyed out
free messages / TX macros functionality is partially broken
AutoSeq can fail while handling compound callsigns
AutoSeq can fail if called operator changed his TX frequency
Changelog 25th December (compact and not all changes are shown)
In answering to CQ operation and 'Prompt me to log QSO' logging mode:
Enable TX button will always be switched off after QSO if TX frequency is equal to RX frequency
Enable TX button will be switched off if TX frequency is not equal to RX frequency and user has accepted QSO logging when QSO is finished (73 message is received)
Enable TX button will not be switched off if TX frequency is not equal to RX frequency and user has accepted QSO logging until QSO is finished (73 message is received), in this scenario after QSO JTDX will move RX frequency to TX frequency and will start calling CQ on the TX frequency
Changelog 23th December (compact and not all changes are shown)
AutoSeq is always using priority, if there is any 'new one' criterion is set in Notifications tab then AutoSeq will be ignoring B4 calls and manual intervention will be required to answer it.
There have been many changes, and selection changes can be seen in Mainwindow UI top tab under Sequencing.
Any push buttons that are greyed are currently disabled for mode and or this step.
- Changelog: 22th December
Tx watchdog operation, now a double click on decoded line will trigger watchdog timer reset
Default setting is now Call 1st
If you experience any delay in decoding on busy bands, please use Call 1st
Please copy a section of your all.txt file and post this privately or in group if you experience and issues.
Changelog 21th December (compact and not all changes are shown)
AutoSeq Call 1st option is implemented, dedicated for usage on slow processors
Skip TX1 functionality is supported now, sending report first
FT8 wrong SNR reporting under Filter is fixed
Directional CQ generation is changed in tab2
Changed date/time format in ALL.TXT file to "yyyymmdd_hhmmss"
Directional CQ, this allows user to input preferred calling area, and replaced CQ DX option in Tab 2
Some features that use previous calls for priority may use more processing power, as it is performing more tasks; this is dependent on the station preferences in configuration filtering and Dx call, wanted call and worked B4 station in filters and notifications tab.
- Changelog: 19th December
Patch applied by Arvo for free text messages under Autoseq control
Also the version number for PSK Reporter is now 18.1
There have been many changes and additions these are a compact description.
Action call priority and CQ
This feature now will auto call stations in a sequence that have not already logged, allowing those stations who seek new call only to do so.
This feature will also not reply to any calls already showing in log again this feature will prevent Dx or Dx expos from double logging and wasting valuable time on repeat callers
Filter function is now available in FT8
The clearing of Dx windows and the ability to send and RRR then a 73 has also been addressed
There have been cosmetic features add at user requests
- Changelog: 12th December
The goal is to keep callsign in DX Call window if you called DX and DX operator has answered to other operator.
So you could wait for his 73/RR73 message and call him again. Now 73/RR73 message in such scenario will be printed in the RX frequency messages window, with no respect to the real frequency this signal is decoded.
There is now 4-period guard timer that will ban auto prompt to log QSO or automatic QSO logging if you transmitting 73/RRR/RR73 message again to the same callsign that has just been logged.
Also other modifications are being worked on currently to further enhance user features and prevention of QRM and ease of use.
Please use the QRM prevention features available. Configuration window: Sequencing "halt Tx", this will make all users experience pleasant
Tx watchdog: will have Tx after 7 transmissiom (current implementation)
- Changelog: 10th December
Reworked replyToCQ() method responsible for getting control from external software, like JTAlert
Changelog: 9th December
T10 symbol is changed to +, FT8 to ~, posting decoded messages via UDP is open there and this step will work with the latest JTAlert 2.10.6.
Also this step shall work with Logger32 and Swisslog.
Changelog 8th December
FT8 is currently partly implemented in JTDX 8th December.
There is still development work to be done to fully implement all current JTDX features for FT8.
FT8 credits to K1JT and the WSJT-X development team, Copyright notice included
Changelog: 25th November
Addition of content filtering in configuration setting, please follow link for full instructions and examples.
Show content related to messages in Rx window.
Code optimization and removal of redundant code and features in JTDX
Changelog: 19th November
JTDX AutoSeq and correct logging corrected.
There has been many changes and testing, please post any issues in the group
Please see previous step release posting for full changelogs from previous steps
FT8 is not currently implemented in JTDX and should be included in next JTDX release
FT8 credits to K1JT and the WSJT-X development team, Copyright notice included
Changelog: 15th November
More improved accuracy of the QSO start/end time logging.
Following a post from Steve VK3SIR, JTDX Autoseq can handle many different forms of reply as expected or unexpected during a QSO.
Changelog: 14th November
There is better handling of QSO time_on: callsign checking added at report and roger+report message transmission.
This patch shall fix an issue where two contacts in the log have the same QSO time_on.