- 32-bit audio stream support: wideband dynamic range is expanded from 90 up to 186dB.
- JTDX v2.1.0-rc147_32A is built with modified Hamlib v20200123
This experimental version of JTDX is dedicated for trial in setups with very low noise environment on overcrowded bands and receiver's path IMD3 dynamic range greater than 90dB.
In SDR software WDM KS or better driver shall be used, virtual audio cable shall be configured to support 32-bit audio stream.
- major defect in FT8 decoder fixed for 64bit builds, affected all previous Linux/Mac 64bit JTDX builds: improved FT8 decoder efficiency and decreased decoding time
- JTDX-win64 build is made under Qt 5.14.0, approximately 1.6 times faster in decoding FT8 signals (tested with 4 threads) on overcrowded band versus JTDX-win32 built under Qt 5.5
- reworked meter stuff, now should be also bulletproof around enabling meter for rigs where it is not supported. RF output power indication should work with Icoms: ic7000, ic7100, ic7200, ic7300, ic7410, ic756pro3, ic7600, ic7610, ic7700, ic7800, ic785x with new introduced RFPOWER_METER level function.
- attempt to get S-meter indication for Yaesu ft100,ft450,ft600,ft736,ft757gx,ft950,ft1000mp,ft1200,ft2000,ft5000,ft9000
- attempt to enable RF output power indication for new Yaesu radios using newcat protocol
- reworked S-meter indication for any new Yaesu radio where newcat protocol being used
- FT8 FT4 decoders shall clear in current interval audio frames received prior to the band change
- attempt to prevent "CQ DE AA00" false message created by FT8 decoder
- allow to set AF RX frequency below 200 Hz
- status bar: date format is changed to DD.MM.YYYY
- LoTW users file is updated, cty.dat is updated to CTY-3001 version
- JTDX 2.1.0-rc147 is built with modified Hamlib v20200123
- allow transmission of DXpedition special message from Tx2
- cursor position shall be stored/restored while operator's callsign&grid being edited in configuration settings
- empty message shall be treated as false decode in FT4 decoder
- some Decode control related code cleanup
- workaround to modulator start failure(no TX audio issue)
- patch to 'Decode button hung up' issue in FT4 and FT8 modes
- JTDX shall not attempt to start decoder if it is working
- patch to broken decoding of FT8 signals in scenario where both user's and correspondent's callsigns are nonstandard ones
- compound-to-compound callsign QSO Tx message generation is supported now. Compound-to-compound callsign QSO is possible between JTDX 2.1.0-rc146 and MSHV v2.32 users, Tx message generation could be changed in WSJT-X to provide support for such QSO.
- two more chars added in displaytext and decoders to fit messages like "CC2/CC1CCC BB2/BB1BBB R-15" in Band Activity and RX frequency text windows
- FT8 decoder shall process signals with "CQ ??? ???" AP mask if there is nonstandard callsign in DxCall window
- improved DxCall searching if there is nonstandard callsign in DxCall window
- number of FT8 decoder threads shall not exceed number of logical cores
- FT8: added option to SWL mode to utilize 3 more decoding passes ('6 pass SWL mode') if JTDX being run as single instance and CPU has more than three logical cores. Can be activated in 'Decode->FT8 decoding' tab of mainwindow UI.
Multiple instances being detected from the rig-name key, it is unreliable approach and shall be reworked in a future version of JTDX.
User would need to make sure CPU is not coming into thermal throttling in this mode, and avoid usage of the SWL mode if FT8 decoding time is greater than 15 seconds.
- user can add second callsign from a decoded message into wanted callsign list via (CTRL+ALT+double-click) on the message if the list has less than 20 callsigns and this callsign being not located in DxCall window. Wanted callsign list can be cleared via CTRL+ALT+A keyboard shortcut.
- reset QSO history counters for new call when DxCall is changed with double click
- at double click on decoded message cursor position shall be set prior to emitting of the selectCallsign(alt,ctrl) signal
- added option to copy callsign to clipboard at double-click on the decoded message or at autoselection. By default this option is enabled, can be switched off in Misc tab of mainwindow UI.
- cty.dat file is updated to version CTY-2918, LoTW users file is updated
- JTDX 2.1.0-rc146 is built with updated modified Hamlib as of 20200104
- added Filter functionality to FT4 mode
- option to hide contest messages is expanded to FT4 mode
- added 4th decoding pass to WSPR decoder, improved sensitivity
- some cleanup changes to FT8 AP mask functionality
- base callsigns shall be used in FT8 AP masks for standard messages in Hound mode
- new exceptions added: ???/ND /KT /AG /AE shall not be treated as callsign's prefixes
- attempt to make Fox/Hound compound/compound callsign QSO possible in AutoSeq: Tx3 message is changed to "<FoxCompoundCall> MyBaseCall RREPORT" in Hound mode if both callsigns are compound
- DX Call signal searching with FT8 AP masks is implemented for CQ/73/RR73 messages raising FT8 decoder sensitivity up to 4dB: QSO RX frequency by default, optionally wideband DX Call search.
DX Call signal searching being activated if there is DX callsing in DX Call window, Enable Tx button is switched off and DX Call is not the same as last logged callsign variable value.
New mainwindow UI controls: Decode->FT8 decoding->Wideband DX Call search
- DX Call signal searching being supported for nonstandard base callsign and compound callsign
- DX Call signal searching being supported in Hound mode
- 'CQ <...>' message shall be treated as false decode
- some code changes based on the Valgrind checking results
- wanted grid functionality is implemented, where 4-char grid being supported only, user can fill in comma separated list of grids in the 'wanted' area of main window UI, tooltip added there.
'Wanted grid' in autoselection has the same priority as 'wanted prefix'.
- special DXpedition messages shall be underlined with dashed line. To resolve conflict with B4 underlined with straight line B4 special message shall be underlined with the waved line.
To avoid any possible confusion starting from rc145 we recommend to use 'strike B4' option instead of the 'underline B4' one.
- changed line length for B4 notification (striked|underlined)
- QSO history shall forget interrupted/unfinished QSO in 5 minutes since first message transmission
- 'wanted' CQ/RR73/73 messages shall have lower priority in autoselection versus any incoming call to user
- "Highlight worked ones" option shall be disabled by default (first run of JTDX with new ini file)
- LoTW users file is updated
- JTDX 2.1.0-rc145 is built with updated modified Hamlib as of 20191212
- improved FT4 decoder efficiency and sensitivity
- FT4 decoder shall process signals below 200Hz
- WSPR code is updated to WSJT-X 2.1.0 version, WSPR decoding depth can be set in the Decode tab of mainwindow UI, the same controls being used to set JT9 and WSPR decoding depth
- added third decoding pass to WSPR decoder, improved sensitivity of WSPR decoder
- FT8S decoder shall not be activated since special message is decoded on the QSO RX frequency
- FT8S decoder shall not be activated if part of RX audio stream is received in the current interval
- minor change to appearance of the Windows text commands in the DX Call text window
- several changes to SkipTx1 and Hound mode interaction. State of SkipTx1 shall be stored/restored upon toggling Hound mode button.
- transmission of message is not allowed if user callsign is empty in configuration
- average DT shall not be calculated for interval where partial RX audio data received
- average DT shall be calculated if there is more than one signal decoded in interval, last interval DT weight shall vary with respect to number of messages decoded
- reset average DT if mode is changed
- FT4/FT8 modes: Band Activity label shall change color to yellow/red and text to 'check time' if there is major/critical average DT delta to computer clock. Average DT thresholds to major/critical 'check time' alarms: 0.4/0.8sec in FT4, 0.75/1.5sec in FT8 mode.
- '??? RR73; MyCall ???' and 'MyCall RR73; ??? ???' AP masks for special message shall be used in FT8 decoder in Hound mode
- application of AP masks to FT8 decoder in Hound mode is reworked
- improved sensitivity for special messages decoding in Hound mode
- added AP masks to FT8 decoder for nonstandard DX Call
- cty.dat file is updated to version CTY-2916, LoTW users file is updated
- rc144 is built with updated Hamlib code&software as of 20191127
- added exceptions: /LH shall not be considered as country prefix, CQ LP (long path) shall not be processed as direction by autoselection functionality
- changed tooltip to 'strict directional CQ operation' option to:
"By default autoselection ignoring received/transmitted direction of CQ if there is a valid 'new DXCC' message decoded, either incoming call or selection from decoded CQ/73 messages. This option eliminates 'new DXCC' exception in autoselection for directional CQ processing."
- patch to FT8 frequency Filter fuctionality to prevent loss of some candidates if Filter is switched on
- improved FT8 decoder efficiency
- 4V1000 callsign shall be processed by doubleclick & AutoSeq
- some changes to provide gcc8 gcc9 compatibility
- second part of compound callsign shall also be considered for DXCC country recognition while reading ADIF data
- Tune functionality shall work in Hound mode
- TX messages addressed to callsigns which prefixes starting from "CQ" letters shall be correctly handled by AutoSeq
- added FT4 signal simulator
- improved sensitivity of FT4 decoder(with no respect to AGCc button setting)
- added tooltips in Notifications tab of the settings to RR73/73 and Markers & Other standard messages checkboxes
- FT8 AGC compensation functionality is reworked: taking less CPU cycles and shall be automatically skipped if AGC operation is not detected in the current interval
- improved FT8 decoder sensitivity while AGC compensation is in operation
- patch to avoid empty distance: distance to correspondent with 8-char grid shall be calculated for 6-char grid
- bug is fixed in TCP QSO logging debug
- DX Grid window data shall be checked for 'new grid' notification if grid for DX Call callsign is absent in QSO history and message with grid is not received.
Grid will be stored in QSO history from DX Grid window upon CQ (no grid) or 73/RR73 message received from DX Call callsign, then 'new grid' notification will be using grid from QSO history
This functionality is dedicated to users who prefer to enter manually or from CALL3.TXT file grid data in the DX Grid window to check if grid is new one.
- DX Grid window shall not be populated from log for /MM /M /AM /P /A callsigns
- sliding DT synchronization window is implemented to take in account a latency of RX audio stream (SDR and remote receiver setups, setups with bad computer clock sync) at making candidate list for decoding:
FT8: +/- 2.5sec by default, +/- 3.5sec for late start of decoder and SWL functionality
FT4: +/- 1.1sec by default, +/- 1.4sec for SWL functionality. Initial DT window (at start of program) is -1.0..+1.4sec by default and -1.2..+1.7sec in SWL mode is applied to 0.0sec DT value.
- average DT being used for FT4/FT8 RX sync sliding window shall be displayed in UI above the 'Band Activity' window. Based on this value user can make step-by-step computer clock correction with external software.
This feature is not a physical button or physical slider but software code and have no user adjustment required, this displays the average DT in a cycle.
- free messages shall be properly recognized by FT4 decoder
- FT4 decoder DT range is extended from -1.0..+1.0 to -1.0..+1.4 sec, in SWL mode to -1.2..+1.7 sec
- widegraph dynamic range is restored for 'scale by median' option
- improved sensitivity of FT8 decoder at AGC compensation being switched off
- widegraph timestamp ini setting shall be correctly handled at program startup
- attempt to provide stable UDP Reply operation: Enable Tx and TX interval buttons shall be clicked via UI in MainWindow::processMessage()
- gain/zero slider values being now displayed in the widegraph UI
- improved sensitivity of FT8 decoder at AGC compensation being switched off
- Hint decoder shall stop process non CQ messages if band is changed either from transceiver or from JTDX UI
- added debug of TCP connection&exchange for QSO logging, being recorded into tcptrace.txt file located in the JTDX log directory.
Debug messages recording shall be enabled in JTDX settings to get TCP trace recorded.
- added debug messages recording into ALL.TXT file for RX->TX transition and modulator start failure event, expanded 'double click on call processed' debug
- prevent displaying vertical lines in waterfall at low level of incoming audio signal for 'Scale spectrum by median value' option
- waterfall timestamp is moved to option for any mode but "JT9+JT65", can be optionally shown on right side of the waterfall
- improved FT8 decoder efficiency and sensitivity
- fixed AutoSeq processing of the CQ messages transmitted by user without grid. Affects 1-st counter, own frequency recognition and some other parts of the code, important patch escpecially when using nonstandard or compound callsign.
- changed a little New DXCC priority exceptions
- fixed long lasting bug on Grid retrieving from log when incoming call with report is received
- added FT8 GFSK signal simulator
- added support for unpacking WWROF contest exchange messages
- Grid button in tab2 shall generate message with grid if first callsign in the message is nonstandard one
- implemented basic functionality of FT4 mode
- FT4 QSO shall be logged as mode MFSK / submode FT4 into wsjtx_log.adi and via TCP command. UDP log QSO command goes with mode FT4 and shall be parsed properly by an interacting software.
- optional AGC compensation functionality is implemented for FT4 mode
- improved FT4 decoding
- patch: occasional repeat decoding of the partially received interval is eliminated
- FT4 partial interval decoding implemented
- improved time synchronization at decoding of the partially received interval for all modes
- default value for TX delay is changed from 0.2 to 0.1 sec
- first part of compound callsign shall be used for prefix recognition if both parts have equal length
- LoTW users list is updated, cty.dat file is updated to version CTY-2914
- ALLCALL.TXT file is updated to 97476 callsigns using latest LoTW activity data
- installation package is built with the latest Hamlib changes as of October 4th, 2019 and previously made modifications