- Changelog 8th January (2.0.1 rc123)
- disabled data writing into %TMP%/JTDX/decoded.txt file
- extended reported FT8 SNR range down to -24dB for FT8 AP decoder
- candidates on the QSO frequency shall be sorted in the decreasing sync order
- updated ALLCALL.TXT file, containing 76731 callsigns
- asterisk for FT8 AP(Hint) and JT/T10 Hint decodes shall be diplayed in the decoded text window
- updated ALLCALL.TXT file, containing 75877 callsigns
- added 'LoTW user' notification: symbol '@' means LoTW user, symbol '¤' means LoTW user and FT8 AP decode
- This special symbols are displayed in decoded text and RX frequency windows only. LoTW notification is used in autoselection with this priority order: 'new one' has highiest priority, next priority is LoTW, SNR/distance has the lowest priority. File lotw-user-activity.csv is used to store information on the LoTW users, this file can be updated by user in the same way as cty.dat file in the log directory. LoTW notification can be disabled if user will put empty lotw-user-activity.csv file in the log directory
- added more filters to eliminate false FT8 decodes
- Changelog 2nd January (2.0.1 rc122)
- one more patch for correct FT8v2 message generation for combined callsign with 3 digit prefix + '/' + base callsign starting from 'P' or 'R' char (for instance DU6/PA3AAA, KH6/RA3AAA)
- added FT8v2 signal simulation with recording to the wav audio files
- user's callsign and first two chars of grid in configuration shall be converted to upper case while being typed
- support to up to 200 decoded FT8 messages including dupes
- asterisk for FT8 AP(Hint) and JT/T10 Hint decodes shall be diplayed in the decoded text window
- updated ALLCALL.TXT file, containing 75877 callsigns
- autoselection functionality is improved: decoded '73' messages will be processed in addition to the 'CQ' messages in AutoSeq6,7 modes
- autoselection will now be applied of any of counters is triggered (criteria by priorities + SNR/distance).
- In AutoSeq 1,2,3 modes any possible incoming calls fill be searched, if there is no valid incoming call found then 'CQ' message will be transmitted.
- In AutoSeq 6,7 modes any possible incoming calls fill be searched, if there is no valid incoming call found then autoselection will process decoded '73' and 'CQ' messages, if there is no any configured criterion met then 'CQ' message will be transmitted.
- in scenario where user called someone and correspondent answered to other operator: one of the first two counters will be triggered respectively to the transmitted by user message
- QSO data sending to eQSL server is moved to own thread
- 1908 kHz subband is added to the frequency list to support making FT8 QSO with Japan on 160m band. Please use 'Reset' button once in the Frequencies tab of the settings to update current frequency list in JTDX. automatic subband split via CAT interface to support FT8 crossband operation with Japan on the 160m band: user with non Japanese callsign shall select in JTDX UI 1908 kHz frequency for signal reception, JTDX will trigger VFO frequency change to 1840 kHz for message transmission user with Japanese callsign shall select in JTDX UI 1840 kHz frequency for signal reception, JTDX will trigger VFO frequency change to 1908 kHz for message transmission
- patch to prevent wrong processing of the 'callsign1 + callsign2' message
- patch to early counter triggering in AutoSeq3,7 modes in scenario where message transmission started before decoding has been finished
- patch to prevent message cycling in JTDXJTDX pair at scenario where user changed 'grid' message to 'report' or 'R+report' message while calling correspondent
- more filters added to eliminate false FT8 decodes
- Changelog 24th December (2.0.1 rc117)
- more filters to false decodes
- patch to AutoSeq message sequence: scenario when two incoming calls received where one of them is with report
- ALLCALL.TXT file is updated, containing 75435 callsigns
- combined callsign with 3 digit prefix + '/' + base callsign starting from 'P' or 'R' char (for instance DU6/PA3AAA, KH6/RA3AAA) shall be handled correctly
- Changelog 19th December (2.0.1 rc115)
- AutoSeq shall handle free text messages at QSO with nonstandard or combined callsign
- filter out some more false FT8 decodes, now using data from ALLCALL.TXT to filter out some false decodes
- ALLCALL.TXT file is updated, containing 75243 callsigns
- cty.dat file is updated to version CTY-2815
- Changelog 7th December (18.1.106)
- patch to provide safe division of numbers in FT8 decoder
- updated ALLCALL.TXT file, contains 74820 callsigns
- updated cty.dat file to version CTY-2814
- Changelog 5th December (18.1.105)
- improved synchronization with the received signal
- some code changes aimed to reduce number of CPU cycles
- Changelog 4th December (18.1.104)
- defect fixed in synchronization with the received signal
- some code changes aimed to reduce number of CPU cycles
- Changelog 1st December (18.1.103)
- ALLCALL.TXT file is updated, contains 73760 callsigns
- force the Aqua theme on the Mac OS X
- balanced thread priorities
- applied window filters in ft8 downsampling and candidate sync(making candidate list) code
- correct installation of the Linux builds
Changelog 23rd November (18.1.102)
- patch to CQ direction functionality
- support to getting wav samples from jtdx.tech server via 'download samples' option in JTDX
- patch: FT8AP decoder can not decode DXpedtion Fox special messages if callsign there is not associated with hash, such messages are falsely decoded and shall not be displayed
- minor changes to the Help functionality: added links to JTDX Web site and JTDX forum
- prevented duplicate signal subtraction
- maximum value of the CAT poll interval is increased up to 999 seconds
- minor changes to FT8 downsampling
- ALLCALL.TXT files is updated, containing 73376 callsigns
- resolved font conflict for UTC label
- patch: message counters shall work correctly if set to value 1
- rig-name value shall not be passed to pskreporter
- main country prefix shall be recognized while processing answers to the transmitted directional main prefix CQ
- JTDX v18.1.101 is built with the latest Hamlib version, synchronized to GIT as of 20181113
- Changelog 4th November (18.1.100)
- patch to WSPR spotting when 6-char GRID being used in configuration
- patch: RX AF frequency shall not be set to TX frequency value at end of decoding when TX enabled and there is a callsign in DX Call window
- more debug added for writing into the ALL.TXT file
- callsign shall be deleted from QSO history if Halt Tx is triggered at/or after transmitting Report message in Skip Tx1 mode
- patch to recover Notifications functionality if JTDX is started in WSPR mode
- improved 'double-click on call' functionality: holding ALT button at double-click on the received message will prevent message transmission and will halt ongoing transmission
- patch to provide compatibility to the logging of QSO in JTAlert software while operating in the DXpedition Hound mode
- patch to the broken displaying of WSPR decoded text
- an attempt to stop input audio stream if suspend is failed
- ALLCALL.TXT file is updated, containing 72197 callsigns
- extended ALLCALL range up to 100k callsigns
- updated cty.dat file to version CTY-2813
- patch to prevent PWR slider jump may occur when user accepting configuration changes
- TX shall be halted if AutoSeq trying to transmit CQ message in the Hound mode
JTDX.INI file has the same structure as for v18.1.99.
Hamlib changes in JTDX v18.1.100 builds:
- patch from Mike W9MDB to CAT for ICOM marine models
- Changelog 27th Octorber (18.1.99 vs 18.1.95)
- option to color TX message buttons at transmission, can be activated in Misc tab of the main window UI
- option to use markers for notifications to the 'other standard messages' (controls are in the Notifications tab of the settings). It is now an alternative option to the background color notification.
- option to show tooltips in the main window UI (control via Misc tab of main window UI)
- two options to write decoded messages and debug into ALL.TXT file, can be controlled via Settings->Reporting tab
- hash table is implemented to store callsigns which hash once were decoded in special messages while callsign was in DX Call window.
JTDX will continue to display callsign in the special DXpedition message basing on the hash table if this callsign is not located in DX Call window. Any new callsign from DX Call window once associated with the hash in the decoded message will substitute previous callsign in the hash table if both have the same hash value.
- hash table shall be stored into hashtable1.txt file(log directory) with every new callsign recognized from the special DXpedition message
- JTDX shall read a data from hashtable1.txt file and put it into hash table upon first start of decoder
- active Hound mode will be switched off if user changed band to the regular band
- callsign shall be cleared from QSO history if user triggered QSO by double click on decoded message with SkipTx1 option enabled
- QSO history shall not be initialized if user accepted non-related configuration settings changes or accepted 'no changes' (pushed OK button)
- patch to restore background color of the empty DX Call window
- patch to the unexpected Halt Tx occured in v18.1.95 if RRR/RR73 message was not received from QSO party operator
- patch to finding position of FT8AP decoded message in UDP Reply functionality
- patch to the unexpected autosequence message direction change
- more debug events added for writing to ALL.TXT file: acceptance of configuration settings change, QSO history initialization with the reasons,
Clear DX reason, message direction, QSO history status and UDP Reply functionality debug. Improved Halt Tx reason debug.
- more changes to JTDX Mac version building
Three level recording into ALL.TXT file:
- transmitted messages and decoded messages with user's callsign, QSO logging will always be recorded
- writing of the all decoded messages option, switched on by default
- writing debug + all decoded messages is an alternative option.
This flexibility will let user to reduce RX interval processing time minimizing access to the ALL.TXT file on the disk.
Hamlib changes in JTDX v18.1.99 build versus v18.1.95:
- 200W IC7700 range support in output power indication
- patch to IC7100 output power indication
- support output power meter value reading from IC7610 and IC 756PROIII
JTDX.INI is changed, added new settings: "ShowMainWindowTooltips","OtherStandardMessagesMarker","ColorTxMessageButtons".
- Changelog 15th Octorber (18.1.95)
- AutoSeq functionality shall not depend on the Auto Tx button state
- multiple changes related to the Mac version building
- patches to prevent unexpected dupe 73/RR73 message transmission
- patch to PTT delay for CAT via HRD or DXLab Commander
- writing debug of getting/processing UDP Reply message to ALL.TXT file
- unpacked messages from DXpedition special message shall be displayed with <...> at position of 2nd callsign if callsign is not recognized from hash
- option in Filters to hide messages containing <...> at position of 2nd callsign
- patch to AutoSeq1,2 dupe 73 message TX attempt: now incoming call will not be processed if it is decoded after RR73 message received and TX started.
- patch: FT8 BP(believe propagation) decoder messages beginning with user's callsign shall not be checked against ALLCALL.TXT
- ALLCALL.TXT file is updated, containing 68581 callsigns
- JTDX version numbering is simplified
- DX Call window will be cleaned up if band is changed and option 'Erase both message windows at band change' is active
- option 'Erase both message windows at band change' shall cover delta frequency greater than 1 KHz as the band change if other VFO frequency is selected in mainwindow UI by user
- DisTx73 button is moved as action into Misc tab of main window UI
- improved best VFO frequency evaluation: VFO shall not jump to the default frequency of mode if Settings been changed
- QSO history shall not be initialized if the same mode and VFO delta frequency is less than 1kHz. In previous JTDX steps Settings change triggered reset of QSO history braking ongoing QSO AutoSeq sequence
- more patches to handle messages starting from 'DE ' by AutoSeq
- patch: FT8 decoder shall process all Fox DXpedition 75-bit special messages correctly
- empty message transmission shall not be allowed: Halt Tx will be executed at attempt of the empty message transmission
DXpedition Hound mode option is implemented, functionality:
- Hound mode can be enabled in DXpedition tab of the main window UI
- Hound button is added into main window UI to duplicate Hound mode action in DXpedition tab
- AutoTx button will be switched on if Hound mode is activated
- blocking 'Halt Tx if operator I called answered to other operator' option functionality
- mimicking 'Single shot QSO' option functionality
- expanding Filter option bandwidth up to 580Hz
- shall ignore SkipGRID/SkipTx1 functionality
- supporting two TX message sequence QSO with Fox as per WSJT-X DXpedition design (GRID, R+REPORT messages), other messages are disabled in the Hound mode
- supporting automatic or prompt based QSO logging at getting 'RR73' message from Fox
- shall Halt Tx at getting 'RR73' message from Fox
- Halt Tx will be done and user will have to trigger one more QSO attempt manually if DXpedition QSO is failed ('RR73' message is not received after three attempts of sending R+REPORT)
Hound TX frequency control is implemented as an option:
- can be activated in DXpedition tab or by right mouse button click on the Hound button in the main window UI
- first 'R+REPORT' message shall be transmitted on the Fox's frequency, 2nd and 3rd 'R+REPORT' messages will be transmitted +300Hz if RX AF frequency is less than 600Hz or -300Hz if RX AF frequency is greater or equal 600Hz
- in case of DXpedition QSO failure after three transmissions of the 'R+REPORT' message, frequency control will set TX AF frequency back to the initial value
- Hound TX frequency control is not allowed for usage in common FT8 bands (with exception to the 60m band) or if Split Fake It|Rig is switched off, warning message will be triggered in such scenarios. 3 KHz delta frequency is set as guard interval to common FT8 bands.
- Hamlib is modified to let getting output power level from some ICOM transceivers via CAT, IC7000/7100/7300 models tested.
JTDX.INI structure is changed, added new settings: "EnableHoundMode","UseHoundTxFrequencyJumps","HideMsgsWith2ndCallAsHash".
- Changelog 27th July (22.214.171.124)
- Ham Radio Deluxe CAT control is brought to the latest WSJT-X implementation
- more criteria implemented to check for the false decodes: all messages with SNR -23dB or delta time less than -0.5 or greater than 2.0 sec shall be checked
- filtering out false FT8AP(Hint) decodes where user's callsign is erroneously decoded as the compound callsign
- more masks are added to filter falsely decoded free text messages
- minor patch to FT8 decoder: logarithmic function shall not get zero argument
- minor patch to pskreporter spotting functionality
- added support to special DXpedition dual message decoding, a message transmitted under the 75-bit protocol.
Decoded special message will only be displayed if callsign it is originated from is located in the DX Call window.
Since callsign hash is being used for special message transmission there is no other way to recognize who transmitted the message but keeping the callsign in the DX Call window.
Special message will not be displayed if DX Call window is empty or if there is other callsign in the window.
Decoded special message will be displayed as two standard messages where there is no notification that callsign is matched to the received hash rather than decoded,
that is different to WSJT-X approach:
AA1AAA RR73; BB1BBB -05
AA1AAA CC1CCC RR73
BB1BBB CC1CCC -05
- patches to allow AutoSeq handle multiple WSJT-X Fox DXpedition and MSHV 'Multianswering Auto Seq protocol FT8' messages
- patch to the QSO start date/time format in wsjtx.log file
- patch to the Halt Tx AutoSeq functionality at end of QSO
- transmitted message counters are implemented with option to either call CQ or Halt Tx, counters can be activated and configured in the 'Sequencing' tab of the settings
- improved wanted callsign functionality. Upon decoding a message with the wanted call there will be done report extraction, generation of standard messages, selection of the proper TX period. Wanted call window will be cleaned up if wanted callsign is logged.
- wanted callsign list is implemented instead of the single callsign, where callsigns shall be separated by the comma. For compound callsigns the base callsign shall be used in the list. If DX Call window is empty and user is not transmitting then upon first wanted decoding in the period audio alert will be generated, decoded callsign will be copied in DX Call window and standard messages will be generated. Some messages contain only base part of the compound callsign, hence base callsign will be copied from such decoded message to DX Call window: when logging such QSO user will have to change correspondent's base callsign to compound one if needed.
- serialized callback(decoded messages to stdout) in FT8 decoder
- changed names of the rigctl rigctld utilities
- cursor position shall be stored in the wanted callsign, hide country, hide callsign, content filter, DX Call, DX Grid, CQ Direction line edit windows, main window and Configuration UI
- defect fixed where manual clicking on Decode button could brake AutoSeq operation(wrong message transmission) and trigger Halt Tx: AutoSeq and Halt Tx shall not be processed if user clicked on the Decode button or twice clicked on the waterfall.
- tooltip to DisTx73 button shall clearly say that state of this button is ignored under AutoSeq operation
- message radio button if selected by user under AutoSeq can brake AutoSeq operation, all radio buttons in Tab1 shall be disabled if AutoSeq button is switched on. Changed appearance of disabled selected TX radio button in tab1.
- Halt Tx reason is added for recording to ALL.TXT file for diagnostic purpose
- all message fields in Tab1 will be cleaned up if Tx6 (CQ message) button is clicked by user
- patch to let AutoSeq handle DE message from compound callsigns
- default 60m FT8 frequency for 60m band is changed to 5357kHz, RESET button in the Frequencies tab of the settings shall once be used to update this frequency
- changed MAC OSX bundle GUI ID to org.jtdx
- 'CQ DE CALL' 'QRZ DE CALL' messages shall not be treated as directional CQ
- 'DE' is not allowed as CQ direction in the direction line edit widgets
- AutoSeq button shall get the pink color if it is switched off in FT8 mode
- AutoSeq shall process transmitted free text message if it is equal in any of four possible parts to any of this words: 73, TNX, TKS, TU.
- AutoSeq button now shall be switched off automatically at beginning of the free text message transmission if this message does not comply with AutoSeq. Both Tab1 and Tab2 free text message evaluation is supported. AutoSeq will not process other transmitted free text messages and AutoSeq button will be switched off upon attempt of such transmission. AutoSeq button will be automatically switched back on upon generation of the standard messages in Tab1 and Tab2 or if Tx6 (CQ) button is clicked in Tab1(in Tab2 any message button generates standard message).
- patch to SkipGRID/Skip Tx1 functionality
- patch to AutoSeq sequence: 'received RR73-> sent 73 -> received RR73 ->QSO finished' shall be processed as 'received RR73 -> sent 73 -> received RR73 -> sent 73'
- cty.dat file is updated to the version CTY-2809
- updated ALLCALL.TXT file, now containing 67332 callsigns
Known unresolved issues:
- PTT over CAT delay at start of JTDX or after the band/frequency change if HRD or DXLab Commander CAT is being used.
Possible workaround: PTT over DTR/RTS signal of the serial port instead of PTT command via CAT.
- some DXpedition Fox messages are being not decoded correctly.
JTDX.INI file structure is changed, deleted setting "WantedCall","SeqBackToCqMsg","SeqRetransmitMsg","SeqHaltTxSameMsgRprt","SeqHaltTxSameMsg73",
added new settings: "WantedCallCommaList","SeqAnswerCQCount","SeqAnswerInCallCount","SeqSentRReportCount","SeqSentRR7373Count",
- Changelog 27th July (126.96.36.199)
- dependency of continent filter selection from country name is deleted in the code as continent filter became independent in the last versions of JTDX
- swapped color on Locked TX=RX button to promote split operation in FT8 mode
- FT8 Filter decoding and decode through the double click on the waterfall are multithreaded now, up to 8 threads will be used for Filter and up to 4 threads for decoding via double click
- patch to 'Tx first' (tx interval) insertion into the 'Status' UDP message
- JTDX version number is added into type 0 UDP message (heartbeat)
- DX Call window shall be cleared if CQ message being transmitted under AutoSeq
- patch: six symbol GRID shall not brake displaying decoded WSPR message
- some events are being now recorded into ALL.TXT file with millisecond based timestamp. Added new event: 'decoder started'.
- FT8 signals are being ranked by SYNC value in the candidate list. Lowest SYNC threshold is applied to QSO frequency signals.
- fixed defect: stuck in decoding while using the single thread in FT8 decoder
- type 5 UDP message (QSO Logged) is brought to WSJT-X format
- 'Output power' and 'S meter' settings will be switched off and disabled if any of this transceivers are selected for CAT control: TS480, TS590, TS850, TS870
JTDX.INI file is changed, deleted settings : "ShowCQMsgs","ShowCQ73Msgs"
added new settings: "ShowCQMsgsOnly","ShowCQRRR73MsgsOnly","ShowCQ73MsgsOnly"
Hamlib changed files:
Hamlib new files:
- Changelog 13th July (188.8.131.52)
- digital S meter and power meter functionality is reworked: CAT requests on getting this data shall be disabled if options are not selected by user. Controls are moved to Radio tab of configuration settings. Options shall be automatically unchecked and disabled if there is DX Lab Commander, Ham Radio Deluxe or OmniRig selected for CAT.
- expanded UDP functionality:
1. Added information on selected TX period into the 'Status' message
2. New incoming message 'SetTxDeltaFreq' allows to set TX audio frequency in JTDX from external software
3. New incoming message 'TriggerCQ' allows to set TX period, direction of CQ and optionally trigger CQ message transmission
Detailed description of the UDP messages can be found in the NetworkMessage.hpp source code.
JTDX.INI structure is changed, deleted settings: "DisplayOutputPower","ShowSmeter"
added new settings: "CATRequestPower","CATRequestSNR"
- Changelog 10th June (184.108.40.206)
- added support to 8-symbol grid square in the settings
- country filter shall be bypassed if decoded message containing user's callsign
- auto selection shall not choose callsigns with non-recognized country in cty.dat
- 'Linear Avg' waterfall functionality is deleted from the code and waterfall UI as it was dedicated to JT4 mode.
- 'Reference' functionality is deleted from waterfall UI, as it was not fully implemented in JTDX code
- patch to partial interval decoding functionality: an attempt to eliminate dupe decoding
- settings access shall not change DX Call button stylesheet unless dxsummit spotting setting is changed
- minor update to false decode recognition: false decodes like "CQ 123ABC KO15" will be blocked before signal subtraction
- patch to TX watchdog: timer shall not work if there is no signal transmission
- changed tooltip to 'hide messages from countries' filter, prefixes are the main country prefixes from cty.dat, updated validator to support '*' and '/' symbols in the prefix list
- output power and 'S meter' digital meter options are implemented. Both using Hamlib functionality to transfer power and S-meter data over CAT interface. Not every transceiver does support this functionality over CAT, also it is being not supported if CAT via OmniRig is selected. Updated UI: S meter button in mainwindow UI and 'Display output power' action in the Misc tab
- patch to AutoSeq2 to prevent dupe message transmission
- new AutoSeq option is implemented: 'Report message priority'. This option will let user to assign higher priority to the incoming calls with signal report, that might be needed to increase QSO rate while handling pile up. With this option following priority order will be used:
1. Any incoming 'new one' call, where 'new one' criteria are defined in the 'Notifications' tab of settings
2. Incoming calls with signal report ranked by SNR
3. Incoming calls with grid square ranked by SNR
- Changelog 30th June (220.127.116.11)
- content, hide country and hide callsign filters shall be disabled if filter's list is empty
- patch to prevent working of the disabled message filters in scenario where show country name/prefix option is switched off
- patch to displaying country name
- patch to prevent extra message transmission and no TX audio issue in AutoSeq2/6 caused by Halt Tx failure
- patch to prevent Halt Tx failure at transition from RX to TX
- added some stop TX diagnostic events recording into ALL.TXT
- updated ALLCALL.TXT file, now it contains 63864 callsigns
- updated 'Erase file wsjtx_log.adi' option text to make clear that QSO log will be deleted
- Changelog 22th June (18.104.22.168)
- minor bug fixed at dupe message recognition. Dupes with lesser SNR will be shown in 'Band activity' window if frequency difference is greater than 45Hz. New option 'Hide FT8 dupe messages' is implemented and can be controlled via Misc tab of mainwindow UI. It is better to hide dupe messages at on air operation as AutoSeq picking up last decoded message and if SNR has less value than for previous message then AutoSeq will get wrong QSO AF RX frequency. Such dupe messages are usually caused by dirty signals and reflection from aircraft. By default 'Hide FT8 dupe messages' option is enabled.
- hide continent filter shall work now with AutoSeq
- hide country filter is implemented, can be activated and set in Filter tab of the settings as a list of prefixes in comma separated format. Tooltip will show list of the prefixes. Messages containing user's callsign bypass this filter. Gaps are not allowed in the list. This filter is working with AutoSeq.
- hide callsign filter is implemented, can be activated and set in Filter tab of the settings as a list of callsigns in comma separated format.
Base callsign shall be used in the list for compound callsigns, gaps are not allowed in the list. User can add callsign into the 'Hide messages from callsigns' filter list by right mouse's button click on the DX Call button. This filter is working with AutoSeq. Messages containing user's callsign bypass this filter.
- ALL.TXT file is being named now per month basis with 'yyyyMM_ALL.TXT' format. 'Erase ALL.TXT' action in the 'File' tab will delete last created ALL.TXT file.
- patch to the Tune button countdown for 32-bit operating systems
- Changelog 13th June (22.214.171.124)
- TX watchdog shall not brake current transmission
- TX related variables synchronized at Halt Tx to fix some possible TX related failures
- updated ALLCALL.TXT, now has 62197 callsigns
- patch to some cases of repeat TX message while getting RR73
- improved false/correct decoded message recognition, changed threshold to trigger checking to false decode: more messages will be checked
- updated cty.dat file to version cty-2806
- option 'Switch Filter OFF at sending 73' is implemented in 'Auto RX frequency filter' functionality, can be controlled via AutoSeq tab
- tune timer is implemented to abort tuning (in previous versions Tune button was controlled by TX watchdog timer). Tune timer can be set in range from 5 to 300 seconds or disabled in General tab of the settings.Tune timer coountdown is implemented to the Tune button.
- fixed minor OMP related bug in FT8 signal subtraction
- truncate frequency while spotting to dxsummit.fi
- bug is fixed in the 'late start of decoder' functionality
- changes in FT8 message packing/unpacking and extraction
- attempt to balance audio and FT8 decoder thread priorities
New parameters added to JTDX.INI file: "SwitchFilterOffAtGetting73", "TuneTimer".
It should be safe to use JTDX.INI file from v126.96.36.199.
- Changelog 6th May (188.8.131.52)
- now user can send spot to www.dxsummit.fi server. DX Call button is being used for this functionality, this option can be activated in Reporting tab of the settings. DX callsign is being taken from DX Call window, full user's callsign from configuration, frequency is VFO +AF RX frequency, info field is being populated with a mode (transmission mode is used for JT65+JT9 scenario).
- 'Clear Dx call and grid after logging' setting is being ignored now if AutoSeq button is switched on
- fixed several bugs in AutoSeq functionality
- more tweaks towards Mac version, now JTDX can be built under Mac
- updated ALLCALL.TXT file, containing 60138 callsigns
- letting user to choose what incoming UDP 'Reply' messages to process in JTDX, can be set via Misc tab of the main window UI
- implemented outgoing UDP message filtering: user can apply text filters to prevent some outgoing UDP 'Decopde' messages, for instance continent filter can be applied. This functionality will let user to focus on the necessary information in the external software. By default this functionality is switched off, user can activate it in the Reporting tab of the configuration settings.
JTDX.INI: added new parameters "AcceptUDPReplyMessages", "ApplyFiltersToUDPmessages", "AllowSpotsDXSummit" It should be safe to use JTDX.INI file from v184.108.40.206.
- Changelog 27th April (220.127.116.11)
- cyclic RRR message transmission bug is fixed in scenario where SkipGrid is being used and user calling someone via double click on the 73 message with no CQ message from this operator recorded in the QSO history
- fixed bug of 'Call worked B4 callsigns' functionality, now all combinations of 'Answer worked B4 calls' / 'Call worked B4 callsigns' shall work properly
- picking up SNR from free message to report via double click on the free message. This functionality is needed to simplify manual QSO with the special callsign.
- Tx free message change at transmission is supported via Tx macro selection in the combobox
- Split AF TX frequency range is brought from 1300...1799Hz back to 1500..1999Hz
- generation of the free macro messages is being triggered by DX Call change now
- added recognition of standard messages in the free text/Tx5 comboboxes for notification purpose, color notification is changed accordingly
- added support of some more special symbols to macros and a few default macro to simplify manual QSO to special callsign.
@ symbol is being substituted with DX call, & symbol with user's base callsign, # symbol with report to be transmitted.
- multiple CAT related changes in Hamlib, OmniRig, DXLabSuite Commander and HRD interfaces, we have brought CAT functionality to WSJT-X 1.8 GA level
JTDX.INI file shall be deleted in order to make new default free messages visible at upgrade from v18.104.22.168 or older to v22.214.171.124.
- Changelog 20th April (126.96.36.199)
- increased FT8 decoder sensitivity to -23dB SNR signals
- RRR checkbox and directional CQ lineedit are duplicated to tab1 of QSO messages
- 'Answer worked B4' functionality is splitted to 'Answer worked B4' in AutoSeq 1-3 and 'Call worked B4' in AutoSeq 4+. Both are optional, can be selected in the AutoSeq tab of mainwindow UI.
- updated ALLCALL.TXT file, containing 59244 records
- changes done to support building Mac version of JTDX
- late FT8 decoder start (and increased DT range) functionality, have worked under SWL mode, now have got separate control in the Decode tab of mainwindow UI and can be used while SWL mode is switched off. SWL mode have now got 'use low thresholds' + 'use subpass' + 'late decoder start' functionality included, takes long time to decode RX interval and should be used for band monitoring purpose.
Known issues: there is a report that under some settings in Notifications tab software answering to 'Worked B4' CQ in AutoSeq 4+ modes if 'Call worked B4' option is switched off. This report is being investigated.
JTDX.INI is changed, added new settings: "FT8DecoderLateStart","CallWorkedB4". It should be safe to use v188.8.131.52 INI file at upgrade to v184.108.40.206.
Changed source files(vs v220.127.116.11_6): ft8b.f90, main.cpp.
WebSDR files, 50 MB: https://cloud.mail.ru/public/4AHD/b6nnUF77F
-22dB SNR simulated files, 50dB noise, 5000 signals, 48 MB: https://cloud.mail.ru/public/B9HT/ZBPfixwPV
-23dB SNR simulated files, 50dB noise, 5000 signals, 48 MB: https://cloud.mail.ru/public/8GdG/vvHxY9VZU
-22dB SNR simulated files, 80dB noise, 5000 signals, 65 MB: https://cloud.mail.ru/public/DgFU/wJk2McLt9
-23dB SNR simulated files, 80dB noise, 5000 signals, 65 MB: https://cloud.mail.ru/public/3gxE/gtQ7dAKGg
v18.104.22.168 -22dB SNR 50dB noise SNR files 165 total
v22.214.171.124 -22dB SNR 50dB noise SNR files 164 total
v126.96.36.199 -22dB SNR 80dB noise files 163 total
v188.8.131.52 -23dB SNR 50dB noise SNR files 12 correct
v184.108.40.206 -23dB SNR 50dB noise SNR files 12 correct
v220.127.116.11 -23dB SNR 80dB noise files 12 correct 1 false
v18.104.22.168 -22dB SNR 50dB noise SNR files 241 total
v22.214.171.124 -22dB SNR 50dB noise SNR files 241 total
v126.96.36.199 -22dB SNR 80dB noise files 241 total
v188.8.131.52 -23dB SNR 50dB noise SNR files 22 correct
v184.108.40.206 -23dB SNR 50dB noise SNR files 25 correct
v220.127.116.11 -23dB SNR 80dB noise files 25 correct 1 false
v18.104.22.168 -22dB SNR 50dB noise files 269 total
v22.214.171.124 -22dB SNR 50dB noise files 278 total
v126.96.36.199 -22dB SNR 80dB noise files 282 total
v188.8.131.52 -23dB SNR 50dB noise files 26 correct
v184.108.40.206 -23dB SNR 50dB noise files 30 correct
v220.127.116.11 -23dB SNR 80dB noise files 30 correct 1 false
WebSDR files, total decoded messages
v18.104.22.168 deep+Hint+AGCc 3007
v22.214.171.124 deep+Hint+AGCc 3011
v126.96.36.199 deep+Hint+AGCc+lowTH 3076
v188.8.131.52 deep+Hint+AGCc+lowTH 3076
v184.108.40.206 deep+Hint+AGCc+subpass 3093
v220.127.116.11 deep+Hint+AGCc+subpass+latestart 3129
v18.104.22.168 deep+Hint+AGCc+SWL 3183
v22.214.171.124 deep+Hint+AGCc+SWL 3201
- Changelog 15th April (126.96.36.199)
- added one more setting to FT8 decoder sensitivity action group: 'minimum', it will let user to switch off either 'use low thresholds' or 'use subpass' functionality
- Changelog 14th April (188.8.131.52)
- decoding subpass is introduced, raising up FT8 decoder sensitivity. It can be controlled via mainwindow UI 'Decode' tab -> FT8 decoding -> decoder sensitivity -> use subpass. This functionality requires usage of the low thresholds, hence both settings are combined into one action group: user can select either 'use low thresholds' or 'use subpass'. If 'use subpass' is selected then 'use low thresholds' flag is also being passed to the decoder.
- updated ALLCALL.TXT file, containing 58485 callsigns
- CAT Serial port configuration in the Radio tab of settings got an possibility to use default Hamlib settings for specific TRX model. This change is based on WSJT-X r8568 patch.
- JTDX v184.108.40.206 installation package is built with the latest version of Hamlib
Subpass functionality requires fast CPU, or can be used together with the SWL mode.
JTDX.INI structure is changed, added settings to JTDX.INI: "UseFT8subpass"
It should be safe to use JTDX.INI file from v220.127.116.11.
There is changed number of serial port settings, transition from v18.104.22.168 to any previous version may cause some failures, it is better to use different INI file for old JTDX versions if there is any one being started after v22.214.171.124.
- Changelog 11th April (126.96.36.199)
- decreased a bit memory usage
- updated ALLCALL.TXT file, containing 58135 callsigns
- fixed bug of a wrong 'new one' notification to the free message
- increased FT8 decoder sensitivity in both 'use low thresholds' ON/OFF settings
- applied more filters to eliminate false FT8 decodes
- Stop button is now dynamic one, takes bottom position among dynamic buttons
- added independent FT8 decoding depth settings for Filter button functionality, can be controlled via Decode tab/action list
- Sequencing tab counters temporarily disabled at SW startup
- Changelog 28th March (188.8.131.52)
- changes in synchronization math, improved decoding efficiency and sensitivity
- SNR reporting is extended down to -23dB
- filtering of the false free message decodes implemented
- patch to optional clearing windows upon band/mode change, now configuration change shall not trigger clearing decoded messages
- bug is fixed in 'per mode' notifications
- filtering of false FT8 decoded standard messages is implemented, now false FT8 decode shall be rare guest on the user's screen
- FT8 SNR calculation accuracy is recovered
- red and blue markers are optional now, can be activated in Notifications tab of the Settings, red marker is activated by default
- 'Bypass' dynamic button is added into mainwindow UI, it duplicates 'Bypass all text filters' action
- RR73 message processing is reworked in QSO history in order to support counters from Sequencing tab. This change will affect autosequencing operation.
- ALLCALL.TXT is updated, containing 56914 callsigns.
- additionally imroved decoding efficiency in the SWL mode
- debug messages got timestamp in 'Band Activity' window and ALL.TXT file
- Changelog 20th March (184.108.40.206)
- AGCc functionality is implemented to FT8, the same rule as for JT modes operation shall be applied by user: switch on AGCc button if AGC is being triggered in receiver by FT8 signals, otherwise please keep AGCc button switched off to preserve decoder sensitivity.
FT8 AGCc functionality deals with the noise step at end of signal reception, this noise step disturbs decoder synchronization to the received signals.
- minor changes in Notifications tab of Configuration UI: 'per mode' have been independent functionaltiy from 'per band', name and tooltips updated accordingly
- 'Single shot QSO' (1 QSO) and 'Answer worked B4 calls' (AnsB4) dynamic buttons are implemented in mainwindow UI, will appear/disappear there depending on the vertical size of UI window. Both buttons just duplicate action controls located in the AutoSeq tab.
- some cleanup in mainwindow.cpp/configuration.cpp/Configuration.ui source code
- ALLCALL.TXT file is updated, containing 56561 callsigns
- display 'Messages with wanted call to RX frequency window' option is implemented, can be toggled in the Misc tab
- minor bug is fixed into 'Wanted callsign - to - DX Call window' functionality
- blue marker is implemented to distinguish QSO 'my call in message' from incoming calls, where red marker have been used to notify on incoming calls
- option to use maximum distance instead of best SNR is implemented for autoselection (AutoSeq), can be controlled via AutoSeq tab ('Max distance instead of best SNR' action)
- increased decoding efficiency of FT8 decoder
- option of low thresholds usage into FT8 decoder is implemented, this option is dedicated to fast CPUs and gains decoding efficiency and improves sensitivity of FT8 decoder. More signal-candidates being processed, hence fast CPU is required to fit into end of RX interval before beginning of signal transmission. Low thresholds will be applied to SWL mode with no respect to the selected setting. This option is available via 'Decode -> FT8 decoding -> use low thresholds' action.
- Changelog 7th March (220.127.116.11)
1. Updated ALLCALL.TXT file, containing 55505 callsigns now
2. FT8 free message frequency recognition is added, lack of this functionality caused some failures in message filtering and AutoSeq functionality
3. Free message with user's callsign shall bypass 'hide free messages' filter
4. Patch to let proper frequency owner recognition after TX period change
5. Patch to non-standard 73 messages processing
6. Patch to let proper handling of the 'my call in message' notification red marker
7. Blacklist functionality is implemented to AutoSeq mode, being used in both, auto sequencing and auto selection.
Blacklist functionality is dedicated to prevent cyclic AutoSeq response to incoming call if calling operator left his setup unattended.
Also user can use blacklist to prevent selection of CQ message and answering to it if there were several unsuccessful attempts before to answer to CQ message of this operator.
User can add a callsign from DX Call window to the blacklist with CTRL+ mouse's right button click on Clear DX button, this will also clean up DX Call DX Grid windows and this callsign from QSO history.
User can remove callsign located in DX Call window from blacklist using mouse's right button click on Clear DX button, this will also clean up DX Call DX Grid windows and this callsign from QSO history.
All data in the blacklist will be automatically cleaned up at band change, configuration change and restart of JTDX.
- Changelog 4th March (18.104.22.168)
- SNR is calibrated at low levels to get into 1dB accuracy at -21..-22 dB levels, SNR reporting is limited to -22 dB as FT8 decoders can not pick up signals below -22dB SNR
- 'TX messages to RX frequency window' option is brought back, this option is being used for content focused messages operation
- Tx messages now will be displayed in RX frequency window if AutoSeq button is switched ON, it is required for auto sequence functionality operation.
At content focused operation user will have to switch AutoSeq button OFF to prevent flooding of the RX frequency window by own TX messages.
- improved input audio stream DT alignment for manual triggering of Monitor button and at start of program
- protection implemented to prevent getting out of index range of dd1() array if Monitor button is triggered by user
- 'strict directional CQ' option is implemented: software will ignore incoming call from new DXCC country if it does not match to the transmitted in CQ message direction. This option is available for control in Sequencing tab of the settings.
- some patches done to prevent rare 'New grid' notification failures
- Changelog 2nd March (22.214.171.124)
- made FT8 Hint message filter working as initially intended
- patch to clear 'band activity/RX frequency' windows on band change
- updated ALLCALL.TXT file, 54872 callsigns
- recognizing answers to user's directional continent/prefix CQ
- full support of both sides directional CQ in AutoSeq6,7
- handling proper new/B4 grid square notification if QSO party's operator transmitted new grid square
- some code optimization and cleanup
- made displaying TX message into RX frequency window as mandatory functionality
- improved FT8 decoding efficiency
- Changelog 21th February (126.96.36.199)
- patch to prevent transmission in the wrong period
- patch to prevent empty message transmission
- major update to ALLCALL.TXT file, it has 53809 callsigns now
- implemented filtering false low quality FT8AP (Hint) CQ message decodes basing on the ALLCALL data, most false CQ decoded messages shall be discarded now
- Changelog 19th February (188.8.131.52)
- ALT+D combination support is recovered for decoding RX frequency
- ALT+F is implemented to toggle 'bypass all text filters'
- discarded all changes done to Z6 prefix support: it has been supported in all versions 18.1 and new changes violated WSJT-X protocol.
- added asterisk symbol support for FT8 Hint decoded messages in RX frequency window
- fixed defect with wrong TX period transmission if opposite period message is clicked at transmission
- improved and calibrated FT8 SNR calibration. New approach has 1db accuracy for white noise and non overlapped signals.
- Changelog 16th February (184.108.40.206)
- urgent patch to packing TX messages with Z-series compound callsigns, this bug was introduced with Z6 Kosovo DXCC support
- FT8AP (FT8 Hint) false 'mycall anycall grid' decodes are being filtered now basing on ALLCALL.TXT file
- ALLCALL.TXT file is updated, there are 40084 callsigns in the file
- there is an option implemented to erase TX message from RX frequency window if it was transmitted for less than two seconds and changed to another TX message. This option can be activated in General tab of settings, 'Hide partially transmitted messages'.
- erase band activity and RX frequency windows upon band change optional functionality is added, this option can be activated in 'Misc -> Erase both message windows at band change'
- wanted callsign will be passed to DX Call window if message with it decoded and DX Call window is empty and no any message being transmitted
- waterfall double click FT8 decoding bandwidth is expanded from 20Hz to 50Hz
- extended FT8 signal decoding DT range in SWL mode from +/- 2.5 s till +/- 3.5 s
- CQ DX and CQ continent (SA NA EU AS OC AN AF) processing is implemented, where searching functionality will answer to CQ messages if they are pointed to operator's continent. There is a single exception: new DXCC callsign will still be called.
Also two-character main prefixes are being supported based on the cty.dat, for instance CQ JA will be answered by searching functionality if operator has any Japanese callsign, for instance if callsign is JH1AAA, while CQ JH will be ignored by JH1AAA as JH is not a main prefix in the prefix list of cty.dat file.
- Changelog 10th February (220.127.116.11)
- FT8 SNR calculation algorithm is simplified and is a single one now for all scenarios and there is no dependency on the used number of threads now
- FT8 same decoded message with greater SNR is considered as dupe if frequency difference with the first decoded one is less than 45 Hz, this message will not be diplayed
- FT8 empty message is being treated as dupe and will not be displayed
- patch applied to prevent AutoSeq RX frequency jumps to 5000Hz
- decoding specific signal via double click on the waterfall functionality is recovered to all modes
- DX Call TX frequency shall be tracked now while operator being not in the QSO, it will be updated in the qso history and RX frequency will be set equal to the latest DX Call TX frequency
- FT8 mode incomplete interval decoding is supported, can be useful in Tx halted scenario
- Changelog 5rd February (18.104.22.168)
- multi threading to FT8 decoding is finished, manual and auto selection from 1, 2, 4, 8 and 12 threads is being supported
We recommend to use automatic mode, while experienced users in case of need can use manual selection in 'Decode' tab of the main window UI.
- patched black background of received 73 message while color inversion is being used
- Changelog 3rd February
- free messages handling in AutoSeq is completely reworked
- AutoSeq1 algorithm is changed, now it can change message while transmitting
- 'where?' and country continent name patch in display decoded text
- automatic multithreading to FT8 decoding is implemented, so far auto selection from 1,2 and 4 threads is being supported
Test results with batch of the wav files, number of threads / total time spent (file reading + decoding + message output to screen):
CPU Intel i3-380m (2 physical 4 logical cores) 1/2/4 374/334/271 seconds
CPU Intel i5-4460 (4 physical cores) 1/2/4 260/219/163 seconds
Number of printed lines in ALL.TXT versus number of threads used for decoding:
FT8 wav files was used for tests: https://cloud.mail.ru/public/4AHD/b6nnUF77F
- Changelog 27th January
- decreased memory usage (previously this issue was considered as memory leakage)
- decreased decoding latency
- reworked AutoSeq free message handling
- minor code cleanup
- Changelog 24th January
- reverted FFTW plans clearing to prevent memory leakage on exit from JTDX software
- fixed defect in JT65 decoder FFTW threads calculation
- allowed maximum number of threads to standalone JT9 decoder and T10 decoder
- updated azimuth/distance calculation basing on WSJT-X source code
- applied existing 5 minute timer since last message transmission to stop spurious FT8AP decoder messages where we getting calls from non existing callsigns, this approach will reduce number of the false FT8 decodes. FT8AP CQ messages are not affected by this timer.
- fixed bug in answer to worked B4 call if there is no any 'new one' criterion selected in the notifications tab, this bug was introduced in 22.214.171.124
- patch to wrong band/mode reporting to pskreporter
- cty.dat is updated from cty-2802 package, Z6 Kosovo prefix/ new DXCC entity support is added into JTDX code
- some more tweaks to FFTW threads handling and other minor code corrections
- Changelog 18th January
- relaxed 'Automatic RX frequency filter' Filter button activation
- more events added to ALL.TXT
- some Clear DX and Halt TX patches applied
- 'status', 'decode' and 'reply' UDP messages updated to WSJT-X format
- some tweaks to '73' free messages handling by AutoSeq
- WSPR RX message truncation bug is fixed
- 'Answer worked B4' option is implemented to all AutoSeq modes
- Changelog 13th January
- sound input/output buffer size is changed back to WSJT-X values
- software is built using FFTW v3.3.5 library, updated it in JTSDK from v3.3.4
- FFTW dynamic multithreading is recovered, up to 12 threads is allowed now in non JT65 modes (up to 3 in WSJT-X), up to 11 threads is allowed in JT65 mode
- minor code clean up
- Changelog 10th January
- more tweaks to AutoFilter functionality
- changed documentation link
- added optional automatic 'Erase band activity window at start of decoder' functionality, it can be activated in Misc action list, main window UI.
- implemented partial AutoSeq processing for decoded on the RX frequency addressed and unaddressed free messages containing '73':
- after sending RR73,RRR,73 standard message any decoded nonstandard message with '73' inside will be processed
- after sending REPORT or ROGER+REPORT standard message decoded nonstandard message with 'myCall' and '73' inside will be processed
- Changelog 6th January
- AutoSeq patch to prevent unexpected stopping TX if RR73 message is being used for transmission while QSO is not finished (message 73 is not received from QSO party operator)
- color background for TX messages is aligned
- AutoSeq patch to this scenario where directional CQ was used:
20180105_035400 -4 -0.2 2140 ~ AG2T CM2RSV EL83
20180105_035415 Transmitting 7.074 MHz FT8: CM2RSV AG2T -04
20180105_035430 0 -0.2 2140 ~ AG2T CM2RSV EL83
user disabled TX at 035445 035515 035545
directional CQ message is generated and transmitted by user:
20180105_035615 Transmitting 7.074 MHz FT8: CQ DX AG2T FN30
unexpected RR73 message is triggered by AutoSeq:
20180105_035615 Transmitting 7.074 MHz FT8: CM2RSV AG2T RR73
20180105_035630 1 -0.1 2141 ~ AG2T CM2RSV RRR
20180105_035645 Transmitting 7.074 MHz FT8: CM2RSV AG2T 73
- Changelog 4th January
- Patch applied to AutoSeq handling possible gaps in the incoming audio stream: AutoSeq shall not change during the QSO style of operation(message sequence) from 'calling CQ' to 'answering to CQ'. In addition to the previously described reasons of audio gaps there is scenario where user has single audio device that is set as default one by MS Windows operating system and user doing Web browsing during the QSO.
- Minor SWL functionality is implemented to FT8 mode, raises FT8 decoding efficiency approximately 1% up, SWL functionality is not dedicated for on air operation
- Text is set to blue color on the AutoSeq button if 'Single shot QSO' option is activated
- No TX audio issue: there are two possible reasons,
-- first is where user accepting Settings change dialog with OK button, patch is applied to this issue in scenario where there is no audio device changed
-- second reason is that between consecutive pushing of buttons Halt Tx and Enable TX at message transmission shall be at least 2 second gap, if user does it faster it resulting in no TX audio in this TX interval. So far I don't know how to deal with this scenario.
- New functionality for audio device change during message transmission: transmission will be stopped, Enable TX button will get yellow colr for couple seconds and message transmission will be restarted
- Last logged callsign label is implemented in the status bar
- Several errors fixed in the code, input signal array handling is changed at entry point of the FT8 decoder
- Changelog 3rd January
There is 'Single shot QSO' option implemented to let users switch off Enable Tx button automatically when QSO is finished.
This functionality can be activated in the AutoSeq action list in main window UI.
- Changelog 31th December
- bug is fixed where SW did QSO in semi-automatic way while AutoSeq button was switched off
- QSO party's callsign is being cleaned up from QSO history at 'hisCall myCall grid' message transmission
Both changes can eliminate some wrong QSO sequences in AutoSeq mode.
Changelog 30th December
AutoSeq wrong handling of received RR73 message is fixed
Some more tweaks done to prevent unexpected AutoSeq transmissions on the frequency of ex- QSO party
Bug is fixed in AutoSeq mode selection logic
SWL mode is blocked in FT8 decoder to prevent it's unintended usage
Band scheduler functionality is recovered
Recovered passing DX Call decoded 73 message to RX frequency window in scenario where Enable Tx is switched off
Fixed bug for "reading wav file" event and added Filter ON/OFF event into ALL.TXT
Deleted JTDX version number from widegraph window title, as it caused compatibility issue with JTAlert software
Added "QRZ " as trigger for AutoSeq
Implemented new AutoFilter functionality for AutoSeq, it is dedicated for slow CPUs and may be used in AutoSeq 1,2,3 modes
AutoFilter can be activated in the AutoSeq action list of main window UI
Known unresolved issues:
Enable Tx button is switched off after QSO in calling CQ operation and early QSO logging using "Prompt me to log QSO" scenario
Free messages / TX macros functionality is partially broken
AutoSeq can fail while handling compound callsigns
AutoSeq can fail if called operator changed his TX frequency and has answered on some other frequency (?)
Decoder latency, AutoSeq design and CPU processing speed related issue:
Late interval decoding by CPU. AutoFilter functionality is implemented as workaround for this issue.
JTDX.INI structure is changed, added new parameter "AutoFilter". JTDX.INI file from v126.96.36.199 can be used and shall not trigger any issues
- Changelog 28th December
Common version number being used for all UI windows and pskreporter,
Now fixed unexpected RX frequency jumps from selected RX frequency to TX frequency if Enable TX button is turned off
AutoSeq operation mode is named from 1 to 7, where 'and search CQ' is being used as 4 + any basic AutoSec number
logging mode is being indicated as coloured background of QSO counter label (status bar)
direction of CQ is being propagated to tx6 button (tab 1) on program initialization
tooltips changed for Clear DX / Erase / Filter buttons and 'Halt Tx if operator I called answered to other operator' checkbox
AutoSeq2 is set as default option
changed functionality for Erase button: left mouse button will clean up left window, right mouse button will clean up right window, any mouse button double click will clean up both windows
Currently unused Sequencing tab controls are disabled and greyed out
free messages / TX macros functionality is partially broken
AutoSeq can fail while handling compound callsigns
AutoSeq can fail if called operator changed his TX frequency
Changelog 25th December (compact and not all changes are shown)
In answering to CQ operation and 'Prompt me to log QSO' logging mode:
Enable TX button will always be switched off after QSO if TX frequency is equal to RX frequency
Enable TX button will be switched off if TX frequency is not equal to RX frequency and user has accepted QSO logging when QSO is finished (73 message is received)
Enable TX button will not be switched off if TX frequency is not equal to RX frequency and user has accepted QSO logging until QSO is finished (73 message is received), in this scenario after QSO JTDX will move RX frequency to TX frequency and will start calling CQ on the TX frequency
Changelog 23th December (compact and not all changes are shown)
AutoSeq is always using priority, if there is any 'new one' criterion is set in Notifications tab then AutoSeq will be ignoring B4 calls and manual intervention will be required to answer it.
There have been many changes, and selection changes can be seen in Mainwindow UI top tab under Sequencing.
Any push buttons that are greyed are currently disabled for mode and or this step.
- Changelog: 22th December
Tx watchdog operation, now a double click on decoded line will trigger watchdog timer reset
Default setting is now Call 1st
If you experience any delay in decoding on busy bands, please use Call 1st
Please copy a section of your all.txt file and post this privately or in group if you experience and issues.
Changelog 21th December (compact and not all changes are shown)
AutoSeq Call 1st option is implemented, dedicated for usage on slow processors
Skip TX1 functionality is supported now, sending report first
FT8 wrong SNR reporting under Filter is fixed
Directional CQ generation is changed in tab2
Changed date/time format in ALL.TXT file to "yyyymmdd_hhmmss"
Directional CQ, this allows user to input preferred calling area, and replaced CQ DX option in Tab 2
Some features that use previous calls for priority may use more processing power, as it is performing more tasks; this is dependent on the station preferences in configuration filtering and Dx call, wanted call and worked B4 station in filters and notifications tab.
- Changelog: 19th December
Patch applied by Arvo for free text messages under Autoseq control
Also the version number for PSK Reporter is now 18.1
There have been many changes and additions these are a compact description.
Action call priority and CQ
This feature now will auto call stations in a sequence that have not already logged, allowing those stations who seek new call only to do so.
This feature will also not reply to any calls already showing in log again this feature will prevent Dx or Dx expos from double logging and wasting valuable time on repeat callers
Filter function is now available in FT8
The clearing of Dx windows and the ability to send and RRR then a 73 has also been addressed
There have been cosmetic features add at user requests
- Changelog: 12th December
The goal is to keep callsign in DX Call window if you called DX and DX operator has answered to other operator.
So you could wait for his 73/RR73 message and call him again. Now 73/RR73 message in such scenario will be printed in the RX frequency messages window, with no respect to the real frequency this signal is decoded.
There is now 4-period guard timer that will ban auto prompt to log QSO or automatic QSO logging if you transmitting 73/RRR/RR73 message again to the same callsign that has just been logged.
Also other modifications are being worked on currently to further enhance user features and prevention of QRM and ease of use.
Please use the QRM prevention features available. Configuration window: Sequencing "halt Tx", this will make all users experience pleasant
Tx watchdog: will have Tx after 7 transmissiom (current implementation)
- Changelog: 10th December
Reworked replyToCQ() method responsible for getting control from external software, like JTAlert
Changelog: 9th December
T10 symbol is changed to +, FT8 to ~, posting decoded messages via UDP is open there and this step will work with the latest JTAlert 2.10.6.
Also this step shall work with Logger32 and Swisslog.
Changelog 8th December
FT8 is currently partly implemented in JTDX 8th December.
There is still development work to be done to fully implement all current JTDX features for FT8.
FT8 credits to K1JT and the WSJT-X development team, Copyright notice included
Changelog: 25th November
Addition of content filtering in configuration setting, please follow link for full instructions and examples.
Show content related to messages in Rx window.
Code optimization and removal of redundant code and features in JTDX
Changelog: 19th November
JTDX AutoSeq and correct logging corrected.
There has been many changes and testing, please post any issues in the group
Please see previous step release posting for full changelogs from previous steps
FT8 is not currently implemented in JTDX and should be included in next JTDX release
FT8 credits to K1JT and the WSJT-X development team, Copyright notice included
Changelog: 15th November
More improved accuracy of the QSO start/end time logging.
Following a post from Steve VK3SIR, JTDX Autoseq can handle many different forms of reply as expected or unexpected during a QSO.
Changelog: 14th November
There is better handling of QSO time_on: callsign checking added at report and roger+report message transmission.
This patch shall fix an issue where two contacts in the log have the same QSO time_on.